#nationagainstcrime

This post is dedicated to the families of those who were killed in the Aurora theater shooting.

To the people who have followed my blog over the years-
You have seen my posts regarding the kind of senseless tragedies that occur in the world, as well as my reaction to them and my attempt to make changes to the system that decides the fate of those responsible.

As I've said before, the world we live in is full of people who place no value on life and who so carelessly steal it from others.  The tragic shooting which claimed the lives of 12 people at a theater in Aurora, Colorado, including a 6-year old child, is a perfect example of the kind of senseless criminal activity we can expect to continue for generations to come if we do not take a stand as a nation and send a message that it is time to change the way our government enforces crime, a time to show that the people of our country have zero tolerance towards those who are capable of committing such acts.

It has been less than 48 hours since James Holmes entered a theater in Aurora, ending the lives of a dozen people and forever changing the lives for their families forever by sentencing them to a future full of sorrow.  Since this tragedy has been reported to the world, I have reached out to friends on Facebook and started a hashtag on Twitter with the hope of getting people to consider an idea that can make a huge difference.  I realize that there are people in the world who may view this idea as Capital Punishment, which has largely been reduced and bypassed in the state of California.  However, this idea is not only aimed towards those who commit murder, but a number of crimes that are committed everyday, and for which the punishment and sentencing process is obviously insufficient as a deterrent for offenders.  As a father, a hard working  taxpayer and citizen, and simply someone who does not believe that anyone has the right to take the life of another, I urge everyone who reads this post to follow the link below and take all action necessary to bring it to the attention of the highest level of office possible. 

The document I've prepared can be accessed at

The hashtag that I've created on Twitter is #nationagainstcrime, which I felt was fitting to use as the title of this post as it takes a nation to bring any real change to this country.  The idea I've proposed in the document  from the link above is not only desperately needed, but can be made possible if enough people stand together as a singular voice and take a stand against violence and crime in a unified effort to secure a more safe future.  I challenge anyone to find a reason why the document I've created cannot bring significant change to our country, and for those who oppose it I have to wonder what kind of world you intend our future generations to live in.

Comments

Popular Posts