"Making Time" in 2012

I'd like to start by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. To those who made a resolution, I hope you achieve it, and for those who don't believe in them I hope you enjoy some unplanned success. As with every year, I'm always hoping to expand my audience so if you enjoy something you've read here please refer others, and I encourage everyone to leave comments.

With the arrival of 2012, despite the doomsday hype, I find myself unusually empowered and optimistic that I can make some real positive changes in my life; changes that will help me overcome the obstacles that left previous years feeling unfulfilled.

I think there is one theme that everyone can relate to regarding the balance between work and home life, and that theme is "making time". While everyday life should never feel like something that "gets in the way" of spending time with family and friends or doing what makes you happy, it is easy to slip into a routine without realizing how much time has passed since you saw a friend or did something outside of that routine. In order to balance it all you need to "make time" to fit everything in. Being part of a large family means that I have a lot of people to make time for, including friends. The responsibility to "make time" is never for one person to carry, but shared by both people in any relationship, whether it's between spouses, siblings, friends, anyone. It's easy to feel left out or ignored or even insignificant to someone if you always rely on that person to make time for you. I know that I can do much better to make time for the people in my life, and I'm sure many others would agree that they could as well.

Another change I'm hoping to make is to feel better about myself than I have before by eliminating some bad habits and characteristics, and improving myself physically. I think the ability to make others happy starts with being happy about yourself, not to say that overall I'm not pleased with who I am but most of us would agree there's always something we can improve.

I'd love to hear some feedback from those who agree or disagree with "making time", as well as what resolutions you may have and what obstacles may stand in the way.

Comments

Popular Posts