Another one for the books.......

In the days leading up to yesterday's huge upset, I was telling everyone that there was NO WAY that the Patriots would give up a 19-0 season. All season long, and especially in the playoffs, Tom Brady was nearly untouchable and throwing in fine style with almost no mistakes.

Well, that all changed and in a very big way when Brady got knocked up and down the field, hardly displaying the composure he had in his previous 3 Super Bowl trips, all ending in victory.

Personally, I think the Giants defensive line and blitzing strategy are what won the game for them. Giving Eli Manning the MVP award was clearly a case of giving the trophy to the QB by default. I'm not going to ignore Eli Manning's performance, but I will say that the better quarterback and team did not win this year. Brady was sacked and pushed out of his comfort zone several times, causing what would have been easy catches into out-of-bounds duds and the NY defense made that happen.

The real mystery lies in Brady's inability to shake the onslaught that charged him play after play, as he has in his previous wins. This game was not unlike any other game in which people have come after Brady in a desperate attempt to shake him. However, this time it actually worked. Overall, I'd have to say there was a perfect combination of unfortunate events which caused the outcome of Super Bowl XLII. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Brady and the Pats to come back hard next year and win it all. While I would normally say that another 18-0 season is unlikely, this huge upset has told me that anything is possible.

I'm sure Brady woke up this morning wondering what the hell happened and why he's not wearing his 4th ring, joining the likes of Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw. However, it's hard to feel sorry for Tom Brady considering that he lost the Super Bowl and a shot at NFL history with a 19-0 record, but he goes home at night and sleeps with Gisele.

Comments

Popular Posts